NUMBER OF PROCEDURES PERFORMED TILL DATE
- Coronary Angiographies – 10000
- Coronary Angioplasties – 1800
- Permanent pacemaker implantation – 200
- ICD implants – 25
- Balloon mitral valvotomy – 600
Senior Consultant - Cardiologist & Head - Department of Non-Invasive Cardiology
M.D. (Gen. Med), D.M. (Card), D.N.B. (Card) FACC (USA), FSCAI (USA) FCSI, FISE, FICC, FIAE
Areas of expertise
Coronary angiography (Transfemoral and Transradial) Complex coronary angioplasties Single and dual chambers permanent pacemaker implants Balloon valvotomy of mitral/aortic and pulmonary valvuloplasty Peripheral, including renal angioplasties ICD implants Radio frequency ablation for SVT Diagnostic EP studies Implantation of IVC filters
Professional Experience and Training
- Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology from Prince Charles Hospital, Brisbane, Australia (3 years : 1993-1996)
- Fellowship in Electrophysiology from Prince Charles Hospital, Brisbane, Australia (1 year : 1996-1997)
- Life member of American Society of Echocardiography
- Lie member of Cardiological Society of India
- Life member of Indian Academy of Echocardiography
- Life member of Indian College of Cardiology
Honours & Awards
- Gold Medal in M.B.B.S.
- Gold Medal in M.D. (Medicine)
- Distinction in D.M. (Cardiology)
- Rotary International scholarship 1994
- Post graduate teacher in Cardiology for Mumbai University & National Board of Examinations, Delhi
- Olympian Honours for exceptional dedication to patient care awarded by Cadilla Health Care Group in 1998.
- Rashtriya Manav Seva Puraskar for exceptional dedication in patient care 2006.
- Fellow of American College of Cardiology (USA)
- Fellow of The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (USA)
- Fellow of Cardiological Society of India
- Fellow of Indian Society of Electrocardiography
- Fellow of Indian College of Cardiology
- Fellow of Indian Academy of Echocardiography
- Has delivered 350 lectures in various National and international conferences.
- Has up to 100 publications in national and international journals to his credit.
- Has worked as a referee for reviewing articles in indexed journals like JAPI, Indian Heart Journal etc.
RECENT PUBLICATIONS IN INDEXED JOURNALS
- Cardiovascular disease in India Ashavaid TF, Ponde CK, Shah S, Jawanjal M. Clin Lab Med. 2012;32:217–230.
- Echocardiographic Assessment of Severity of Aortic Stenosis: Basics, Complexities, Tips and Tricks, C.K. Ponde, Monika Jawanjal, Journal of Indian Academy of echo Vol : 24 No: 1 Jan-April 2013.
- Anomalous Origin of Left Coronary Artery from Main Pulmonary Artery (ALCAPA) who underwent two coronary system repair with a novel technique, Ponde C, Jawanjal M, Pandey K and Gandhe U, Open Journal of Clinical Diagnosis, 4, 182-191, July 2014.
- Troponin T and Heart Type Fatty Acid Binding Protein (h-Fabp) as Biomarkers in Patients Presenting with Chest Pain, Lakshmi Lavanya Reddy, Swarup A. V. Shah,
- Alpa J. Dherai, Chandrashekhar K. Ponde, Tester F. Ashavaid, Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry in press.
- Infective Endocarditis-Update - Book Chapter in Post Graduate Medicine 2014
- Hypertension in Pregnancy – Book Chapter in Pregnancy Medicine
Dr profile image for List
Head Of Department
Not Avail Online Booking
Doc Weight WRT Speciality
Heart Valve Disease, Heart Valve Clinic, Arrhythmia, Aorta Disease, Deep Vein thrombosis, heart attack, heart failure, heart muscle disease, Pericardial disease, Peripheral vascular disease, Rheumatic heart disease, stroke , cardiac stroke, vascular disease, angina, valve diseaSe, mitral valve disease, pulmonary stenosis, atrial fibrillation, pace maker implantation